Monday, October 01, 2007

A not-so-bad Monday morning

Woke up with such a feeling of well being today – could be coz I spent such a relaxed Sunday yesterday – basically lay in a couch and watched the 1st season of Boston Legal all day, then took my nephew for his first swimming lesson, which he thoroughly enjoyed! Then this morning, when my alarm woke me at 5.30 am, I heard the howling of the wind outside, went out to the balcony and saw an angry sky and promptly switched off my phone and went back to sleep; so I guess that extra sleep also contributed to my feeling of well being…


So, my weekend: Saturday went to a concert by Jonathan Butler which was simply AWESOME!! Enjoyed that sooo much.. Then got a small scare as I thought I was spotting before my period, but as it turns out my period has started a little early… I had already begun having visions of fibroids and cysts and all that, and knowing that these would mess with my fertility, tried to imagine life without children. I mean at this moment I haven’t the slightest urge to produce infants, but they say one day the urge descends upon you and literally takes you by the throat!! But as I reflected on the possibility, I really felt that it wouldn’t be so terrible – but again I cannot talk for the future. At the moment, I have all these adorable nephews and nieces and I can always bribe my way into their affections as being the fun aunt, who takes them out or buys them gifts or has them staying at her house where they watch cable all day etc. In any case, talking it over with a friend of mine, we concluded that the most important thing was having an impact on the next generation, and being a teacher and a pseudo parent might just do the trick. After all, I have already been appointed as the family’s minister of education so… my work may be cut out as it is!


So, anyway, having started the week with such a positive mindset, and having worked so hard and produced so much last week, I look forward to the rest of the week, and feel sure I will be as productive.

No comments: