Monday, August 20, 2007

On Illness

I've had this nagging cough (of the Alpine fame) for 6 weeks now, despite follwoing a course of strong antibiotics for it about a month ago.. I've decided to ignore it - it will clear if it wants to or not clear - as it wishes.. My mom, naturally, thinks I'm too careless with my health; I on the other hand beg to differ - my last full physical gave me a clean bill of health!

Putting the diseases that have physical manifestations aside, of late an alarming number of women my age have developed and are being treated for cancer and cysts and fibroids and all manner of internal growths.. On that note an aunt of mine (2 years older than me) thinks it's high time we had a thorough check of our internal organs - she's probably right - thus far I've only had chest x-rays and blood tests - no checks on ovaries or colons or brains (yikes! - I'm watching too much 'House' methinks!) - and do they say that we become more succeptible to these diseases as we tend towards the mid-thirties? And do they also say having had no children at that age increases one's risk of certain growths?

Ah well, enough morbid thinking - and anyway, I have successfully avoided a pile of work on my desk for long enough - mind you I woke up early to tackle it in my newfound enthusiasm to achieve my dreams.. tsk, tsk.. Back to work!!!

No comments: